CUBAíS NATIONAL LIBRARY (BIBLIOTECA NACIONAL DE CUBA)
This building is among those surrounding the Revolutionís Plaza, but the institution was founded on October 18th of 1901. Its initial location, was in the Castle of the Forces (Castillo de la Fuerza) where it had only 3 151 books.
It wasnít until 1949 when by an idea of Don Fernando OrtŪz, the council of sponsors decided to name the building Josť MartŪ, which would be built years later, when the first stone was laid on January 28th of 1952, and declared as officially constructed on June 12th of 1957, when the building was opened after the National Library was moved into it.
For more information: